For the first time, PCAF met via video conference the Regional Agricultural and Fishery Council (RAFC) Chairpersons, RAFC Executive Officers, and RAFC Coordinators in Luzon to discuss the following:
1. Regional initiatives and RAFC efforts per “Ahon Lahat, Pagkaing Sapat” (ALPAS) Kontra COVID-19 measures and PCAF E-Survey
2. Hindrances, blockage to DA measures and ALPAS implementation on:
– Upscaling Kadiwa ni Ani at Kita to improve market linkage between consumers and farmer- producers amid the Enhanced Community Quarantine
– Support ALPAS Kontra COVID-19 or Plant, Plant, Plant Program
– Unhampered movement and deliveries of agricultural commodities to ensure steady flow of food products to the markets
-Strengthening price monitoring and enforcement (MC-77)
The video conference were joined by more than 70 participants.
NOTE: This is a developing story. Agreements and actions to be taken will be posted once available.