PCAFs mandates are anchored on:
– Executive Order (EO) 116
– Republic Act (RA) 8435
– Presidential Decree (PD) 914
EO 116 mandated the PCAF to:
– Act as advisory body to the DA to ensure the success of its programs and activities; and
– Establish nationwide network of agricultural and fishery councils to serve as the forum for consultative and continuing discussions within agriculture and fisheries sectors.
By virtue of DA Administrative Order No. 6 or the Implementing Rules and Regulations of RA 8435, the PCAF serves as the Secretariat to the National Agriculture and Fisherise (NAF Council) which is mandated to:
– Assist the DA in the broad-based monitoring and coordination of the agriculture and fisheries moderation process; and Serve as integrative and consultative structure for inter-agency and inter-sectoral collaboration in agriculture and fisheries modernization. PD 914 mandated the LDC to:
– Serve as the policy-making body for the livestock and poultry sector of the DA. PD 914 mandated the LDC to:
– Serve as the policy-making body for the livestock and poultry sector of the DA.