The Regional and Provincial Agricultural and Fishery Council (RAFC and PAFC) monitoring team in Central Luzon conducted Participatory Monitoring and Tracking of DA – funded programs and projects on August 17- 19, 2021 in Tarlac.
Bayani S. Dela Cruz, Chairperson of PAFC Tarlac, together with Bessie P. Lasquite, PAFC Coordinator, led both the monitoring and tracking team. The team monitored a total of 15 projects covering Tarlac City, Victoria, Gerona, San Manuel, San Clemente, Mayantoc, Capas and Bamban.
The team monitored the following projects:
1. Concreting of Sitio Bundok, Brgy. Buenavista FMRDP
2. Concreting of Sitio Malacañang, Brgy. Mangolago FMRDP
3. Concreting of Brgy. Calayaan FMRDP
4. Concreting of Sitio Paleng, Brgy. San Jose FMRDP
5. FOUR WHEEL DRIVE TRACTOR – Federation of Agricultural Cooperative of Tarlac (Rice Program)
6. SCREEN HOUSE/NETHOUSE – Brgy. Lawy Organic Farmers Association (HVCDP)
7. SHALLOW TUBE WELL- Himala Farmers Irrigators Association Inc. (Rice Program)
8. SHALLOW TUBE WELL – San Narciso Farmers Agriculture Cooperative (Rice Program)
9. SHALLOW TUBE WELL – Bamban Agriculture Farmers Association (Rice Program)
10. SHALLOW TUBE WELL – Baloy Farmers Seed Growers Association (Rice Program)
11. PUMP IRRIGATION SYSTEM – Angat Kabuhayan Farmers Association of San Luis (Rice Program)
12. PUMP IRRIGATION SYSTEM – Calibungan Farmers Agriculture Cooperative (Rice Program)
13. MULTICROP DRYING PAVEMENT – Catagudingan Farmers Association (Rice Program)
14. SEED/FERTILIZER SPREADERS – Pinasling Farmers Association (Rice Program)
15. SEED/FERTILIZER SPREADER – Casipo Irrigators Association (Rice Program)
Based on the findings of the M&E report, the projects provided to the recipients/beneficiaries such as farm to market roads, farm machineries and production facility are being utilized.
The report also presented some issues and concerns including no printed specification on markings, lack of machineries, no irrigations, inactive members, difficulty in propagating plants during rainy season, incompatible size of tube in shallow tube well, delayed distribution and high price of fertilizer, and pest proliferation.
The farmers, as well as the residents, have been benefiting from the constructed farm to market roads in transporting agricultural products and other goods and services in their respective barangays, while the farm equipment provides convenience to the farmers during planting season. | JB